Realtors are frequently self-employed independent contractors. You are effectively a “business of one.” As such, financial literacy is a critical key to your long-term success. This course will review various concepts to help you make informed financial decisions.
Realtors are typically self-employed independent contractors. As such, they are effectively a “business of one.” Financial literacy is a critical key to making well-reasoned financial decisions. This course reviews various concepts integral to both your personal and professional long-term financial success.
The course and instructor are both approved by the New Jersey Real Estate Commission. The course satisfies 3 Credits of Core Instruction.
Participants will learn important financial concepts, techniques and strategies to build the financial life they want!
• The Planning Process: Goal setting, budgeting, cash flow management and tax implications
• Managing Risk: Review different types of insurance (life, long-term care, healthcare, disability, etc.)
• Saving and Investing: Critical concepts like time value of money, compounding, inflation, diversification, and more.
• How the “Market” works: Financial Instruments (mutual fund v. ETF), market indexes, performance measures, etc.
• Retirement Planning: Sources of income, goal setting, types of retirement plans, etc.